Satellite phones have come to be vital in Australia for remote communications. They can be used anywhere and are trusted to function consistently, even when internet and phone lines are down. Sat phones are often used by travelers, trekkers, and explorers, but they can also be used for better business communications. Take a look at five of the major perks of renting or buying a satellite phone:
1. They can keep users and their families in touch amid disasters and emergencies.
2. They allow users to contact the police, fire department, and other government agencies during emergencies.
3. They offer satisfaction for loved ones of users traveling in remote areas.
4. They provide much wider coverage than a regular phone.
5. They are very user-friendly.
How Do Satellite Phones Work?
Satellite phones transmit radio signals to a satellite that will transmit the signals down to a station. This station will then route the call to the Public Switched Telephone Network. Because they don't rely on cell towers, they can be trusted to provide communications in the harshest environments and the most remote locations. Satellite phones work best when used outside without interferences (like tall buildings) as the signal strength may weaken without a clear line of sight to the satellite.
What Are the Sat Phone Provider Options?
Some of the best satellite phone service providers include:
○ This all-encompassing global service covers the entire planet with a network of reliable satellites. Iridium is the most recognizable sat phone service provider, featuring more expensive devices that offer a more secure and stable connection than cheaper alternatives.
○ Inmarsat features global coverage all over except for the North and South Poles. This network features some of the world's most reliable and secure satellite and ground networks.
○ Solara, the leader in Canadian communication solutions, offers wireless data communications across the globe. They offer field trackers and other devices that allow users to track and communicate from Australia and beyond.
How to Choose a Sat Phone Plan.
Before renting or purchasing a sat phone, individuals should look at the technology, coverage, and quality offered for devices from various service providers. Different systems will be right for different applications based on where users will be making/receiving phone calls and other services that may be required.
Well-liked Sat Phone Devices.
Some of the most well-liked satellite phones sold for business or casual use provides these options:.
● Iridium 9555.
○ This small sat phone features an integrated speakerphone, improved SMS and email capabilities, an internally stowed antenna, and an upgraded Mini-USB data port. The Iridium 9555 is rugged, simple, and easy to use.
● Iridium 9575 Extreme.
○ This sat phone is an upgrade from the 9555 with enhanced durability as well as the fully integrated service suite of customizable GPS, online tracking, and programmable emergency notifications.
● Inmarsat Isatphone 2.
○ This option from Inmarsat is a competitively priced option with dependable connectivity, voicemail, text and email messaging, tracking, high voice quality, and GPS location data.
● Beam Oceana 800.
○ This sat phone is ideal for various maritime applications, but it can also be easily used in any land-based fixed-site application.
● SAILOR 150 FleetBroadband.
○ This device provides smaller professional vessels and larger yachts with reliable, high-quality global internet and voice communication.
● Solara Field Tracker 2100 ST.
○ This tracker provides constant and secure two-way contact for field personnel. It also supplies real-time GPS tracking and bi-directional messaging data.
Customers can direct inquiries to their satellite phone supplier to determine the best network for their specific applications.
Satellite Phone Accessories.
When procuring a satellite phone, some consumers may also have a need for certain satellite phone accessories such as:.
● Docking Stations.
● WiFi Satellite Hotspots.
● Privacy Handsets.
● And more.
Entrusted providers will feature a suite of quality accessories to pair with every device to help users stay connected.
Australia's Top Satellite Provider.
Landwide Satellite Solutions has been serving Australian consumers and companies equally for over 15 years. They specialize in remote area communications and offer sat phone equipment for sale or for long or short-term hire. Popular equipment they carry includes products from these top brands:.
Part of what makes Landwide Satellite Solutions so successful is their network of agents who are the industry leaders in various fields including vehicle rental companies, communications specialists, and the 4wd industry. They make it easier to access affordable, reliable sat phone equipment for work and play.
How to Purchase or Book a Satellite Phone On The Web.
Those intrigued can start by contacting the team at Landwide Satellite Solutions for more information on available devices as well as important information on rentals, sat phone plans, prepaid SIM cards, and more. Landwide also handles direct dispatch inquiries for sat phone rentals in Australia.
To learn more visit Landwide Satellite Solutions today.