Just like many holistic substances, Kratom comes in a variety of strains. The demand for information regarding Kratom strains has skyrocketed as more Western countries become interested in Kratom. The genetics of the plants and the environments where they are grown can contribute to the variety of Kratom strains.
Why Are There Differences?
You may be wondering, why are there variants of Kratom and not just one single strain? Because not all the plants are exposed to the same soil conditions and cultivation processes, their alkaloid makeup can change, altering their potential effects. These strains are given different names so that consumers, growers, and vendors alike can quickly identify the different types available.
As the strains can all have different effects, you want to know about each one to make sure you get the kind that will be beneficial. Depending only on your needs, the Kratom type that will be most useful may be drastically different for someone else with other health concerns.
What Differentiates The Strains?
You may be wondering what makes the strains different from one another. First off, the strains are categorized by regions and the vein colors on the leaves. If you are searching for a specific strain of Kratom, it is helpful to know both the area where it came from and the vein colors as this can help you communicate to the dealer which kind you are looking for. If you are buying for the first time, make sure to find out the specific strain you are purchasing to do so again in the future.
Selecting the right strain can often be confusing as people get mixed up with the different formats that Kratom comes in. If you purchase a specific strain, you can also buy this same strain in either capsule, extract, or powder form. The strain will not change when you change format unless otherwise noted as a different strain. A reputable vendor will always lead you on the right path to get you the correct strain that is not contaminated.
Most Popular Kratom Strains
If you are interested in learning about some of the most popular strains, check out the list below. Not all the strains are listed, and there are always new ones being discovered, making it nearly impossible to list them all.
Red Vein Kratom is harvested from the leaves highest up on the plant. These leaves tend to get the majority of sunlight, especially in jungles, where dense forests shade the plant's lower parts. The Red Vein varieties give off a robust, more intense aroma. Some of the types are as follows:
- Red Bali is often the jumping-off point for Kratom's beginners, originating from Indonesia and Bali.
- Red Thai originates from Thailand and is similar to Red Bali.
- Red Indo is from Indonesia and gives off an invigorating scent.
- Red Maeng Da is known as a powerful variety that has a stimulating fragrance.
- Red Maley originates from Malaysia and has a relaxing scent.
The Green Vein varieties are harvested from the leaves lower down on the trees and tend to be considered more relaxing. The varieties are similar to that of Red Vein:
- Green Bali again originates from Bali and can be relaxing.
- Green Thai from Thailand and gives off a mild scent.
- Green Indo can be soothing to inhale and originates from Indonesia.
- Green Maeng Da, just like the Red variant, is very popular and tends to be energizing but not over the top.
- Green Malay, from Malaysia, is also stimulating.
White vein varieties of Kratom are made from the leaves found in the middle of the plant. The varieties are outlined below:
- White Bali is from Bali and is relatively mild.
- White Thai originates from Thailand and very much like White Bali.
- White Indo, from Indonesia, is more stimulating than both the White Bali and White Thai.
- White Maeng Da, also from Indonesia, tends to be the most stimulating variant.
- White Malay, originating from Malaysia, is known to be relaxing and soothing.
All Kratom users must be aware that the FDA has strict guidelines on how Kratom can be used. Kratom has not technically received approval to prevent, diagnose, cure, or treat any illness, but you can purchase and use Kratom for your researching purposes.
As Kratom is so strictly regulated, you must be careful when looking for information. There is a ton of false information circulating that presents Kratom in a false and misleading light. If you receive the wrong information, you can end up misusing Kratom or purchasing low-quality and dangerous products.
If you do more research on the plant and the different Kratom rules, you can better inform yourself. Check out a reputable store to find out more about the different varieties available.
Look at our products here.